If you are interested in learning more about becoming a leader for the BoneBuilders of RI Program, please read the disclosures and then fill out the form below.
- Complimentary Training – There are no fees to take this certification course or become a leader. Annual refreshers are also included.
- Prospective leaders who are not currently Regular Participants (RP) at any of the classes, nor have ever been, must meet a greater requirement than those who already regularly participate and have done so for more than a year. The numbers provided below are the number of classes you must attend in order to qualify for the training session.
Regular Participants: 5 classes
Does not qualify as RP: 10 classes
All attendance should be verified and signed-off on by the leader of the class in which you participated. If you attend the live Zoom class, just ensure the leader is aware of why you are there and your name so they can take a note of your participation.
- Upon completion of the requisite participation, you will be eligible for the training sessions. Please have your proof of participation ready.
Session 1: April 26 | 1:00 – 4:00
Session 2: April 27 | 1:00 – 4:00
Session 3: April 29 | 1:00 – 4:00
This will be a hybrid training session integrated with our current leaders and will serve as their required annual refresher.
Following successful completion of all of the above, all that is left for you to do is finalize your knowledge! This last test will be a scheduled facilitation of a live BoneBuilder class! If you are successful in this, you’re in! There will be some written comments provided to you by the participants which can only aid you in being the best leader you can be.
- Compensation – All leaders and subs are part-time per-diem employees of The Village at Waterman Lake.
- In order to become an employee, leaders must attend an employee orientation and receive the orientation packet that will include various forms that must be filled out including a w4 form, Direct Deposit form (if wanted) and some other items. (Orientation takes place after the training is complete)
- As an employee you will receive minimum wage, but will claim 3 hours per 1 hour class. You are expected to arrive to the classes at least 15 minutes early, and please, never rush people out of the door at the end of class.
- You will need two forms of ID on orientation day. One picture I.D. issued by a government agency and one other form of I.D. such as a Birth Certificate or Social Security card. You may instead opt to simply provide your passport and no other ID is ready.
- Due to the nature of our industry, receiving a National Criminal background Check is mandatory. The cost of this is $35 and can be done at the Surgeon General’s office near the DMV. Details and directions will be provided to you on the day of orientation when you receive our letter of intent to hire. Background checks can not be performed until the letter is in hand.
- Leaders must have readily available access to the internet and email and a bit of tech know-how. Smart phones are strongly advised and encouraged.
- We ask that you be able to dedicate at least 6 months to 1 year of your time when agreeing to lead a new location.
If you have any questions please call 401-949-1333 and ask for John Dionne.
If you do not have any questions please RSVP below.
We look forward to meeting you!